Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Baby, it's cold outside


It's been a while... I've been working from home a lot, so most of my computer time is work, not leisure.

What is new? Nicole is all better from her cold and being just as sassy as ever. We got about 9 inches of snow recently and she thinks that is pretty cool. Tomorrow, I'm going to go buy her a snowsuit and boots, and maybe a sled to pull her around the yard.

Eric and I attended his work Christmas party on Saturday. It was held in the grand ballroom at Navy Pier. So beautiful. Dinner was yummy, drinks were yummy and dessert was to die for. They set up like 5 dessert islands with all kinds of stuff. One island is a chocolate fountain with all the good dippings, plus a few unusual (twinkies?) Another island was "kid candy" which was fishbowls of candy like fun dip, bottle caps, candy buttons, airheads, lemonheads, necco wafers... you name it, they had it. Then there were a few islands with more normal dessert items - cheesecake, cupcakes, mini pies, candy apples, bars, cookies... all the goods. So yummy. This year they did something new. They brought in a candy company and they made candy canes on the spot! It was fun to watch. So we had a lovely night in Chicago. The next morning we discovered that the New York Giants were staying in our hotel for the game against the Bears. So there were a bunch of Giants fans waiting by an escalator to see the players come down and get on the bus. I wanted to see someone semi-famous so we waited a few minutes and we did get to the QB - Eli Manning. So that was my star sighting for the year! (I'm so star struck!)

I'm so excited for Christmas. I'm going to try to get some stuff up tomorrow. I also have to work on my Christmas Cards. I love to make them, but I think I lost all of my creative juice as I can't come up with a fun idea for them. I know it will include a picture... but that's about it!

I'm having issues with uploading photos. More to come soon. Promise!!

1 comment:

Trisha said...

She just keeps getting more adorable each time I see her. Good Luck with the sled thing. My kids usually ended up falling off and hanging on the back. No matter how hard they tried they ened up in the snow! LOL Have fun!